United Kingdom Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in the United Kingdom for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Bristol, UK Cleft Teams
- Dr. Alistair Cobb
- No pre-surgical technique prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done at 4-5 months/palate repair done at 9-11 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: Scar massage and scar cream
- Speech therapy begins at 12 months
- Bone graft at approx age 11 if required.
*He was caring, attentive and personable. And he did a fantastic job.
*As well as our surgeon, we met with a cleft nurse, speech therapist, psychologist and dentist (all together over three meetings) This was all arranged for us and the first meeting took place when I was pregnant (soon after diagnosis). It was wonderful to know that such an experienced team of professionals was available for us to call upon.