Spain Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Spain for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Madrid, Spain Cleft Teams
Hospital del Niño Jesus
- Dra. Beatriz González Meli
- NAM prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done between 3-5 months/palate repair done between 9-12 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No bottles, no pacifiers, and scar massage.
- Speech therapy begins around 2 years
- My baby is six months old but my doctor explain me that normally this babies need a new surgery around 9 years old because they need a bone graft gum and “finally” a maxillofacial surgery because the upper jaw doesn’t grow at the same rate as the jaw (not always). Is important to study the evolution of the patient because is possible that the doctor decides to a new surgery for improving the lip scar or nose.
*Bruno has been using NAM and it was really hard for me but the result is fantastic!! If we have luck, there’s a possibility that Bruno doesn’t need a bone graft gum, let’s see … …