Czech Republic Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in the Czech Rebublic for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Prague, Czech Republic Cleft Teams
University Hospital in Motol
- MUDr. Jiří Borský, Ph.D
- No Pre-surgical device prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done during the first seven days of life/palate repair done at 8 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No pacifiers, Use of arm restraints, Nose stents, and Scar massage
- Speech therapy begins after palate repair
- Additional surgeries include, but not limited to: Cleft jaw surgery at about age 8, correctional surgery when necessary
*My daughter Karla was born with complete cleft (lip, jawbone, palate) and underwent surgery the third day after birth. She is five years old now, healthy, preparing for school.
I founded an organisation for clients of the hospital and will be very glad to exchange any experience.