Chile Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Chile for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Santiago Chile Cleft Teams
- Dr. Luis Monasterio
- Taping prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done at 3 months/palate repair done at 12 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: Use of arm restraints
- Speech therapy begins at 12 months
- Nose/lip touch up at 4/5 years (basically when they start kindergarden) and Alveolar ridge repair at 9 years. They also see any person at any age for surgical touch ups or re-repairs of prior cleft surgeries.
*Our surgeon was always honest with us and took the time to explain complicated procedures, the pros and cons of different techniques, and he seems to be truly fond of my son.
*Having both lip and palate repair behind us, I wish I could rate our team BETTER that excellent, BUT it was hard to place my full trust and faith in them earlier in the process. Nothing they did wrong, just mommy over-protection mode!
*I know not many cleft moms are in Chile, but just in case, this is THE Cleft Hospital in South America. Our surgeon has worked with the folks at Dynacleft for years and has helped pioneer non-invasive taping procedures. He and his hospital work extensively with Smile Train too and I know that he travels and teaches his techniques all over the world.