Brazil Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Brazil for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
São Paulo, SP, Brazil Cleft Teams
- Sérgio Gonçalves de Almeida
- No Pre-surgical device prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done during the first seven days of life/palate repair done at 12 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No bottles, no pacifiers, and scar cream
- Speech therapy begins around 24 months
*I had a great experience with Dr. Sergio and Santa Joana’s team in São Paulo. The surgeon is extremely experienced and supportive. He answered all of my zillion questions with patience. The hospital is prepared for any emergency (surgery rooms and different levels NICUs). They also have the largest breast milk bank in Latin America with a pumping unit and instructors to help mothers that can’t breastfeed. Although the so-called “early intervention” is not the most common protocol for clefts, I am extremely happy with the results so far.