Utah Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Utah for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Salt Lake City UT Cleft Teams
Primary Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Louis Morales
- No pre-surgical or NAM prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done at 3 months/soft palate repair done between 9-12 months and hard palate repair done at 4 years
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No pacifier, use of arm restraints, nose stents, and scar massage
- Speech Therapy begins at 12 months
- Soft palate repair is done in 2 steps if the cleft is wide. 1st step is done around 9-12 months, 2nd step is done when a child is around 2.
*He’s an excellent doctor and results are great. But he doesn’t have good bedside manners.
*Love them very highly recommend them
- Dr. Faizi Siddiqi
- NAM and/or Taping prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done at 3 months/soft palate repair done between 9-12 months and hard palate repair done between 3-4 years
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No pacifier, No bottles and scar massage
- Ear Tubes during lip or soft palate repair; cosmetic surgery if needed pre-kindergarten; bone grafting if needed between ages 6-8.
*Dr. Siddiqi is terrific. Our results were great and the full team is very supportive