Tennessee Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Tennessee for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Chattanooga TN Cleft Teams
- Dr. Larry Sargant
- Latham prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done between 3-10 months/palate repair done between 9-12 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No bottle, no pacifier, use of arm restraints, nose stents, scar cream and scar massage
- Speech therapy begins at 1 year
- Bone graft around age 7
*Dr. Sargant is the #1 cleft surgeon in the US. He doesn’t talk much but he KNOWS what he’s doing.
*The surgeons working with Dr. Sargent are wonderful. Dr. Sargent is great at what he does but doesn’t talk much or answer questions but his team is great
Memphis TN Cleft Teams
- Dr. George Burruss
- NAM prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done between 3-5 months/palate repair done between 13-16 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include:Use of arm restraints
- Speech therapy begins at 4 year
- Bone graft around age 9, nose/lip revision at age 21
*Great results, great doctors.
*Does amazing work.
*Although Dr. Burruss doesn’t recommend speech therapy until the age of 4, we have decided to put our kids in early speech therapy. This is the ONLY thing I don’t agree with Dr Burruss on. His work is amazing