Minnesota Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Minnesota for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Minneapolis MN Cleft Teams
- Dr. James Sidman
- No pre-surgical technique
- Lip Repair done at 10 weeks (10lbs)/palate repair done at 10 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No bottles, no pacifiers, the use of arm restraints
- Speech Therapy begins at 6 months
- 5-8 years bone graft, 21 rhinoplasty, lip revision and speech surgery as needed
*I know exactly what to expect and timelines
*Some communication issues but over all very well.
*We have our first cleft team meeting in August so our experience so far has been with surgeon/staff and speech pathologist. I had my son at a hospital other than where we take him who did not have experience with cleft kids. Surgeon sent a special bottle home with us pre-birth to make sure we had the proper feeding for when son was born and sent a team over hours afterwards to make sure everything was going ok with it and to check baby. Accommodating.