Minnesota Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Minnesota for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Minneapolis MN Cleft Teams
- Surgeons: Robert Tibesar, MD (Medical Director), Timothy Lander, MD, and Brianne Roby, MD
- Pre-surgical Methods: vary by patient, based on surgeon’s recommendation
- Post-surgical Protocols: vary by patient, based on surgeon’s recommendation
*I know exactly what to expect and timelines
*Some communication issues but over all very well.
*We have our first cleft team meeting in August so our experience so far has been with surgeon/staff and speech pathologist. I had my son at a hospital other than where we take him who did not have experience with cleft kids. Surgeon sent a special bottle home with us pre-birth to make sure we had the proper feeding for when son was born and sent a team over hours afterwards to make sure everything was going ok with it and to check baby. Accommodating.
- Dr. Marie Christensen
- Pre surgical technique varies based on case
- Lip Repair done between 2-3 months/palate repair done at 6-10 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No bottles, no pacifiers, the use of arm restraints, recommends scar massage and scar cream
- Speech Therapy begins prenatally for feeding consult, feeding therapy and annual visits
- Additional procedures may include:Possible lip/nasal revision prior to pre-school, Alveolar bone 7-9 years , Possible jaw surgery, nasal/lip revision when growth and development completed
*Currently no reviews.
St. Cloud MN Cleft Teams
- Dr. Henry Yang MD
- NAM prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done at 4 months/palate repair done at 12 months (must be weened from bottle first)
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No post surgical restrictions
- Speech therapy begins around 14 months
*”Full team of dentists, doctors, and head nurse that coordinates all care. Trained NAM dentist came to hospital for molding and we went to his office for weekly adjustments. Arm restraints were used at the hospital post op but dr wasn’t concerned about using them at home and to just keep an eye on baby rubbing the area. Bottle feeding post lip repair allowed. Doctor asked that child be cup trained and weened from bottle prior to palate repair. Annual Cleft Clinic where child is seen by full team of doctors, ENT, Orthos, Oral surgeon, speech therapist, etc to keep close watch of potential cleft care that will be needed in the near future. Overall have been very happy with our cleft team.”
St. Paul MN Cleft Teams
- Dr. Robert Wood
- NAM prior to lip repair
- Lip Repair done at 3-4 months/palate repair done at 9 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: The use of arm restraints, scar cream and scar massage
No current reviews