Alabama Cleft Teams
If you’re searching for a cleft team in Alabama for your child, here is a list of hospitals, teams, surgeons and their specific techniques. This list has been compiled by other mommies, so if you don’t see your team here, we will be happy to add it for you.
Birmingham AL Cleft Teams
- Dr. John Grant
- No Pre-surgical Technique or Taping and/or Lip Adhesion prior to repair
- Lip Repair done at 3 months/palate repair done between 10-12 months
- Restrictions & Requirements after repair include: No pacifiers, use of arm restraints, scar cream and scar massage.
- Speech Therapy begins at age 3 (as needed)
- Nose repair for bilateral cleft lip patients at 4 years old. Bone graft for gum line done around age 7 for notch repair
*Beautiful results, no complaints.
*We have been told different things regarding her need for a nose revision at different visits. The SLPs at clinic aren’t trying to work with the SLP we have chosen to perform therapy.
*We LOVE our cleft team, especially Dr. Grant. They take the time to tell you EXACTLY what to expect with each surgery, recovery times, feeding issues, etc., and they are correct on every piece of advice. They have someone call parents during the surgery to fill you in on how everything is going, and keep the parents informed at all times. They also have you come every 6 months from birth, so the whole team can assess any issues which need to be addressed. We can not say enough good things about the whole team at Children’s of Alabama!
We absolutely love our team! They are so wonderful and they treat us like family! They even have a family day each year! It’s so much fun for the children.
*Love Dr. Grant he was so awesome with my son